2003 Suzuki Other on 2040-motos
Suzuki Other tech info
Suzuki Other description
MOTORCYCLE FOR SALE
Model: DL 1000 (V-strom 1000)
Mileage: 10,067 miles
Asking for $3,500 or best offer (this is below blue book)
What is this bike about?
This adventure motorcycle is ready for a new home. I believe I am the first owner after the dealer. I bought this bike in July 2006 from a dealer in Florida, used it mostly in Georgia before relocating to Ohio where it has been stored and ridden only in the summers. The riding times have reduced and so the bike has to be sold. It was purchased used with only 5,795 miles on the odometer. The Vstroms with the 1000cc or 650cc are very popular in Europe. This one has been well taken care of by me. You will really appreciate the sixth overdrive gear on the highways especially if you are cruising at least 80 mph. It gives the rider an upright sitting position. Obviously, I am a big fan still but do not take my word for it just do a Google search for its reviews online.
What has been done to the bike?
- Installed Lockable Givi 45N (45liter) case on carrier behind the passenger seat. Can hold two full-faced helmets.
- Changed Engine oil Synthetic 10W-50 engine oil and oil filter at 6,047 miles
- Installed Gearshift scorch guard - Aug 2006
- Installed Givi engine guards - Aug 2006
- Installed New Bikemaster 14 battery - March 2007
- Installed Touratech kickstand larger foot - Sep 2008
- Installed 2 Whelan 4-LED pulsating red brake lights on GIVI case - Sep 2008
- Installed rear swing arm protectors - Oct 2008
- Installed Blue Systems power fused-12 volt power distribution box - Apr 2009
- Installed two 55W halogen fog lights with independent switch - Apr 2009
- Installed DC cigarette lighter 12-volt power outlet left of instrument panel - Apr 2009
- Installed DC cigarette lighter 12-volt power outlet left side below rider seat - Apr 2009
- Installed Stebel 139-decible air horn Ė May 2009
- Other major services competed at 10,067 mileage in June 2016
o Installed new Fram engine oil filter with new Valvoline 10W-40 engine oil
o Purged and cleaned fuel tank and fuel filter
o Cleaned throttle body
o Installed 2 new Denso U24 ETR sparkplugs
o Installed new EverStart ES14-BS motorcycle battery
o Flushed radiator and engine and replaced with Supertech pre-diluted 50/50 antifreeze/coolant
At last check, the dealer service man said by 15,000 miles bike will need new tires and brakes. I have done all the heavy work; the bike is ready for that long-awaited summer road trip!
Suzuki Other for Sale
Moto blogTue, 07 Feb 2012
Suzuki announced it is partnering with U.K.-based Intelligent Energy Holdings to form a joint venture for developing fuel cell systems. The new joint venture, SMILE FC System Corporation, will work on developing fuel cell systems for both motorcycles and automobiles. Intelligent Energy, with its fuel cell expertise and Suzuki, with its mass production capabilities, will each have 50% share of SMILE FC.Mon, 15 Jul 2013
Kevin Schwantz, the 1993 500cc World Grand Prix Champion, rode his iconic #34 Lucky Strike Suzuki RGV500 at the Goodwood Festival of Speed over the weekend. Celebrating its 20 year, FoS, the world’s largest motoring garden party, held in West Sussex, U.K., brings together present and past dignitaries of both motorcycle and auto racing. The three-day event attracted upwards of 150,000 spectators this year.Mon, 03 Nov 2008
I have had a little walk around checking out the preparations for the show. I havenít seen anything that I havenít already seen or heard about previously, but hereís a selection from three of the halls. Yamaha are the only manufacturer to use an industrial crane to place some of its bikes up on high rise stands.
Suzuki Other by State
Suzuki Other by City
Suzuki Other by Color