1980 Honda Cb on 2040-motos
Honda CB description
Honda 1980 CX500. Clean Illinois title. 15,601 miles.
I recently purchased this bike from custom builder but decided to start another project. The pictures were taken from the builder in May 2016. Complete walk around video can be seen on YouTube (again by the builder): Just search for Honda CX500 Cafe Racer Nonek
I can deliver the bike within 50 miles from the Lake Zurich area of Illinois free of charge. Anything beyond that would be up to you. A $500 non refundable paypal down payment is required within 48 hours of the end of the auction.
The bike is in excellent condition but here are the blemishes or todo(s):
- 2 tiny pinhole size dents on the tank, about the size of a sharp pencil head, very difficult to see unless you in the sunlight and looking for it. Even the video does not capture it.
- Seat pan could be secured a little better (just my opinion).
- Tank, fender and seat pan should be clear coated (again just my opinion).
- The wire terminal for the rear turn signals broke off the left controls. The wire is intact so you would need to just put on new terminal (about 2cents at radio shack) and attach it back on.
- A shorter clutch cable as the extra length puts a extra friction making the pull harder than it should be.
Good luck and bid with confidence as I've been Ebay'er since the year 2000.
Honda CB for Sale
Moto blogFri, 24 Jun 2011
This ‘you tube’ gem sent to me recently brought back some funny memories from the scary but incredibly exciting days of 500cc two stroke racing. This particular race was the final round of the All Japan 500cc Championship at Tsukuba Circuit where I enjoyed a head to head battle with national hero Tadahiko Taira. Yamaha’s favourite son at the time, ‘tie wrap’ as we liked to call him, was taller and better looking than most Japanese riders (maybe a war baby?) and went on to win nearly everything in Japan during his career.Tue, 10 Jun 2014
Americans reported 45,367 stolen motorcycles in 2013, down 1.5% from 2012, reports the National Insurance Crime Bureau‘s latest Motorcycle Theft and Recovery Report. According to the NICB motorcycle thefts have been on the decline every year since 2007 when 65,678 motorcycles were reported stolen, though the overall trend appears to be leveling off. Japanese motorcycles continue to be the most popular target for thieves.Mon, 02 Apr 2012
Honda is bringing back its 50cc Metropolitan scooter for 2013 after a four-year absence from the U.S. market. Previously offered in the U.S.
Honda CB by State
Honda CB by City
Honda CB by Color