Results From Day 2 Of World Supersport Testing At Phillip IslandTue, 18 Feb 2014 00:00:00 -0800
If there’s one constant when it comes to World Supersport racing, it’s that Kenan Sofuoglu will be at or near the front at all times. The former champ has a special ability when it comes to lapping middleweight sportbikes as quickly as possible, and it showed again at the conclusion of World Supersport testing at Phillip Island. Sofuoglu’s best time of 1:33.506 was set during the first day of testing, but still nobody was able to beat it.
However, American World Supersport rookie PJ Jacobsen came darn close, improving his time by over a second from yesterday to set the second-fastest lap of the test at 1:33.787. Michael van der Mark was the fastest of the non-Kawasaki riders, his 1:33.918 enough for third overall.
Combined test times below:
1. Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki) 1:33.506
2. PJ Jacobsen (Kawasaki) 1:33.787
3. Michael Vd Mark (Honda) 1:33.918
4. Jules Cluzel (MV Agusta) 1:33.984
5. Rathapark Wilairot (Honda) 1:33.987
6. Kevin Coghlan (Yamaha) 1:34.072
7. Fabio Menghi (Yamaha) 1:34.233
8. Vladimir Leonov (MV Agusta) 1:34.295
9. Roberto Tamburini (Kawasaki) 1:34.301
10. Jack Kennedy (Honda) 1:34.393
By Troy Siahaan
See also: Results From Day 2 Of World Superbike Testing At Phillip Island, 2013 Honda CB500F, CB500X and CBR500R Recalled in Australia, Shoei Release Three New Marquez Replica Helmets.