1972 Moto Guzzi Ambassador on 2040-motos
Moto Guzzi Ambassador description
High quality recently restored 1972 Moto Guzzi Ambassador offered. Matching original engine and transmission. Late model run ambassador with a 5 speed transmission and rear Eldorado drive/hub original to this motorcycle. This bike is well built and meticulously restored including:
- Powdercoated / clearcoated black frame off restoration.
- Completely new wiring harness including Odyssey battery and customer battery frame.
- Five speed transmission is original to the bike - numbers match engine and transmission.
- New Mistral Exhaust with silencers removed - sounds nice - not obnoxious.
- New Nicasil cylinders, pistons and rings (less than 1,000 miles)
- Transmission disassembled, re-shimmed and refreshed at restoration - smooth as a Guzzi tranny can be.
- Wheels rebuilt by Cycle Garden less than 1,000 miles ago with new bearings, spokes, nipples, polishing and Dunlop tires.
- Rear wheel is the unobtainable California Highway Patrol special contract 16 inch high speed wheel tire (130/90-16)
- Rear wheel built by Borrani under contract to CHP for use on high speed CHP bikes. These wheels are extremely rare.
- Front wheel is Borrani 18 inch - also restored by Cycle Garden and has matching Dunlop rubber.
- New Old Stock bates saddle bags and matching chrome Bates frame installed less than 1,000 miles ago. In like new condition.
- Recent new clutch cable.
- Harpers single saddle includes rear luggage rack with passenger seat attachment.
- Crash bars, cushioned foot beds, chrome shift/brake pedals....
This is a high quality restoration with very few miles since completion. The bike has 37,533 original miles and around 1,000 since restoration and upgrades. Paint is in excellent condition with pinstriping and Moto Guzzi graphics under the clearcoat. Two minor scrapes (rear fender bottom and near tank cap) but overall excellent condition. Excellent rider, always starts, runs excellent and gets lots of comments and looks. I am not riding nearly as much as I would like and the bike deserves an owner who will not only appreciate it but ride it. That being said...finding a super solid, high quality restoration like this with the 16" CHP rear wheel (described as nearly unobtainable by Mo at Cycle Garden) and NOS Bates bags and rack is difficult, if not impossible. Pricing reflects the unique nature and high quality of this late run finely restored and maintained Ambassador.
Moto Guzzi Ambassador for Sale
Moto blogWed, 28 Mar 2012 00:00:00 -0700
Moto Guzzi presented its 2012 V7 featuring three models and the Piaggio-owned brand’s new 750cc V-Twin engine. The three models were previously introduced at the 2011 EICMA show as the V7, two-toned V7 Special and the shiny V7 Racer. Moto Guzzi has since given the matte V7 version a new name: the V7 Stone.Thu, 28 May 2009 00:00:00 -0700
British motorcycle design studio Xenophya Design and product designer Ellis Pitt have teamed up to produce a new company, Mac Motorcycles. Based out of Upton-Upon-Severn in Worcestershire, England, Mac Motorcycles will produce a line of bikes powered by Buell’s air-cooled single cylinder 492cc engines used in the Blast, with a tubular backbone frame. On the company’s website, Pitt describes its bikes as being simple to maintain, include references and details from choppers and bobbers and feature “Harley posture, flat-track manners, Ducati handling”.Fri, 27 Jul 2012 00:00:00 -0700
The Piaggio Group reported a 4.8% drop in motorcycle and scooter sales over the first half of 2012 thanks to the continuing struggles of the European economy. The Piaggio Group includes the brands Aprilia, Moto Guzzi and Vespa. According to the company’s second quarter report, the Piaggio Group sold 216,700 motorcycles and scooters in the first half of 2012, compared to 227,700 units in 2011.
Moto Guzzi Ambassador by State
Moto Guzzi Ambassador by City
Moto Guzzi Ambassador by Color