1972 Moto Guzzi Ambassador on 2040-motos
Moto Guzzi Ambassador description
High quality recently restored 1972 Moto Guzzi Ambassador offered. Matching original engine and transmission. Late model run ambassador with a 5 speed transmission and rear Eldorado drive/hub original to this motorcycle. This bike is well built and meticulously restored including:
- Powdercoated / clearcoated black frame off restoration.
- Completely new wiring harness including Odyssey battery and customer battery frame.
- Five speed transmission is original to the bike - numbers match engine and transmission.
- New Mistral Exhaust with silencers removed - sounds nice - not obnoxious.
- New Nicasil cylinders, pistons and rings (less than 1,000 miles)
- Transmission disassembled, re-shimmed and refreshed at restoration - smooth as a Guzzi tranny can be.
- Wheels rebuilt by Cycle Garden less than 1,000 miles ago with new bearings, spokes, nipples, polishing and Dunlop tires.
- Rear wheel is the unobtainable California Highway Patrol special contract 16 inch high speed wheel tire (130/90-16)
- Rear wheel built by Borrani under contract to CHP for use on high speed CHP bikes. These wheels are extremely rare.
- Front wheel is Borrani 18 inch - also restored by Cycle Garden and has matching Dunlop rubber.
- New Old Stock bates saddle bags and matching chrome Bates frame installed less than 1,000 miles ago. In like new condition.
- Recent new clutch cable.
- Harpers single saddle includes rear luggage rack with passenger seat attachment.
- Crash bars, cushioned foot beds, chrome shift/brake pedals....
This is a high quality restoration with very few miles since completion. The bike has 37,533 original miles and around 1,000 since restoration and upgrades. Paint is in excellent condition with pinstriping and Moto Guzzi graphics under the clearcoat. Two minor scrapes (rear fender bottom and near tank cap) but overall excellent condition. Excellent rider, always starts, runs excellent and gets lots of comments and looks. I am not riding nearly as much as I would like and the bike deserves an owner who will not only appreciate it but ride it. That being said...finding a super solid, high quality restoration like this with the 16" CHP rear wheel (described as nearly unobtainable by Mo at Cycle Garden) and NOS Bates bags and rack is difficult, if not impossible. Pricing reflects the unique nature and high quality of this late run finely restored and maintained Ambassador.
Moto Guzzi Ambassador for Sale
Moto blogWed, 27 Feb 2013 00:00:00 -0800
The Piaggio Group reported a 7.3% decrease in net sales and a 9.0% decrease in net profit for 2012, thanks in large part to a sharp decline in demand in Europe including an all-time low for motorcycle sales in Italy. Piaggio reported net sales of 1.406 billion euros (US$1.842 billion) in 2012, down from 1.516 billion euros in 2011. Motorcycles and scooters accounted for net sales of 993.3 million euros (US$1.301 billion), a 3.1% decrease from 1.025 billion euros reported for 2011.Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:00:00 -0800
The Motorcycle Industry Council reported a 2.6% increase in motorcycle sales in the U.S. market for 2012. According to the industry group’s figures, American consumers purchased 452,386 motorcycles in 2012 compared to 440,899 motorcycles in 2011.Tue, 01 Nov 2011 00:00:00 -0700
Piaggio announced a net profit of 46.3 million euros (US$63.3 million) over the first nine months of 2011. That represents a slight dip from the 46.7 million euros (US$63.8 million) over the same period of 2010, but still respectable numbers in the face of a shrinking market for motorcycles in Europe. The decrease in profit comes despite a 2.0% increase in net sales, with Piaggio taking in 1.20 billion euros (US$1.64 billion) over the first three quarters.
Moto Guzzi Ambassador by State
Moto Guzzi Ambassador by City
Moto Guzzi Ambassador by Color